15 November 2009

What a drag


Well, it is time for a little change of pace here at the old "corner". Even a hardened old heathen like myself needs a bit of a break from the daily poli-tricks of the old US of A. So, I took Saturday off for some good old fashioned fun. Packed a lunch and a jug of home brewed lemonade and with a full tank of diesel in ye olde Cummins powered Dodge, headed South.
Yes sir folks, I went to Erwinville for a day of drag racing. The sights, sounds and smells of the racing did this old guy a world of good too. Nothing like going to the races and meeting all sorts of nice people to help recharge the old battery. I even had a few of the racers ask me how much I charged for my photos! No kidding, some of them seemed almost willing to pay me for taking photos of their cars.
Being a total amateur, I told them, just give me your email address and I will email them to you. Heck, I was out for fun. Why not share the joy? I wouldn't know how to price my photos any way. I don't feel right in using the "going" rate for a professional photog, so I have sent some and will finish in the next day or so. Going through over 1100 photos isn't fast. Well, I ain't very fast at much of anything these days. It;s a joke people. A joke on me, and about me. Hey, at least I can still laugh at myself.
Well, if you want to see the photos, I have them at fotki.com. I still have a place there for my photos. I could put some here, but the method for getting them to the blog is more than I care to try. After my fourth failed attempt at it, I just remembered the old fotki site and went there.
The address for my albums is; http://public.fotki.com/bear4751/
So, if you feel like being adventurous, please go look at my photos. Oh, let me know what you think of them, if you wish.
Thanks and have a great day.














No comments: